Thursday, April 24, 2008

saying goodbye

so i posted about 2 months ago that i was leaving my job. after a strange twist of events, and a few answered prayers, i am happy to say that i have a new job that will start on may 5th.

last friday at our company staff meeting, everyone had gathered around a huge table with written notes to me...about what they appreciated about me, and their wish for me. it was kind of overwhelming and a bit surreal even...to hear people talk about you in a positive way. words like "compassionate" and "genuine" and "self aware" and "authentic" and "encouraging" were used. me? authentic and genuine? me? positive and encouraging? have we really met?

i've never thought about myself like that. i usually think of mildly pessimistic, selfish, and not flexible.

i was also greeted with great well wishes..for the happinesses of my heart, for the joys of parenthood, for all my dreams to come true. one of the cool things about my company is that we shared our dreams with each other, so the well wishes were authentic.

it's hard to say goodbye to folks who have been like family to me. it's easier knowing that they wish me well and that i will be missed.

1 comments:

Ellen Karns said...

Hey Girl!! I'm so excited for ya. Post lots about your new adventure and hopefully you can bring Trey into your new job - from time to time.