Monday, May 5, 2008

check - part 2

so i realize that my previous post was not very informative...there is only so much you can type from your cell phone. anyway, i did it, i got to sing with the worship band for the weekend gathering. i think i'm still on a bit of a high.

saturday went well...steve said i needed to work on my stage presence. i think it was just that i was nervous, and really wanted to sound good. sunday morning was better. i was still getting used to singing with a monitor...i last sang in high school, but never used a monitor.

by the 11 o'clock service, i finally got it through my thick skull that it really didn't matter what i sounded like, or who was aging to say what about me...i was praising God...and it shouldn't matter what others might think, of it i'm dancing like a fool...i'm singing to God, not for the people. in understand that there is a level of performance when leading worship. if you aren't willing to worship with shameless audacity, then who is going to follow?

i got several compliments...most didn't know i could sing. the other 2 girls who sing a lot, both of whom i admire their voices, both had really good things to say. overall it was a great experience, and a good learning lesson for me. can't wait until i do it again.

1 comments:

Reverb said...

You did great and I was so excited to see you up there. I turned to Steve and I said, "Hey! That's Liz up there!" Apparently he already knew it was coming because he didn't seem as surprised as me.

Anyway...you did a great jorb as Coach Z would say. Great jorb...being obedient.